How to do it?
It is very popular for foreign pilots to come to the U.S. to convert their Foreign Pilot License to a FAA Pilot License. This process is surprisingly easy and Global Pilot Services has years of experience in performing these conversions.
The FAA makes provision for foreign-based pilots to obtain a US Private Pilot License issued on the basis of their
foreign pilot license and medical. The form you would submit is a Verification of Authenticity of a Foreign Pilot License and Medical Certificate application. Once the FAA receives this completed form and legible copies of your pilot license, ratings and medical, they will then contact the issuing agency to verify the authenticity of your license, ratings and medical, and then the FAA will send you a Letter of Authenticity. You would then simply present your Letter of Authenticity, pilot license and medical, and your passport to our pilot examiner, and you will then be issued a Temporary Airman Certificate (a US Private Pilot License). You permanent certificate will arrive in the mail in 5 or 6 weeks, but you don’t have to wait for the permanent certificate to start flying. That Temporary Airman Certificate is just as valid as the permanent license. Here are the steps to follow to obtain your FAA Private Pilot License issued on the basis of your foreign-based pilot license and medical:
- Go to this website and download the PDF form www.faa.gov/licenses_certificates/airmen_certification/foreign_license_verification
- Fill out the form, scan it and fax it to the FAA at 405-954-9922 along with legible copies of your foreign license, a scan of your foreign pilot medical certificate or endorsement (make sure all documents are current according to your Civil Aviation Authority rules). Alternatively, you can mail legible copies of the application and your pilot documents to:
Airmen Certification Branch, AFS-760, PO BOX 25082, Oklahoma City, OK 73125-0082.
- Please put the South Florida Flight Standards District Office, FSDO-19 as the location where you intend to make application for your FAA Airman Certificate and in block 4a you should put our address as the address where you want your Letter of Authenticity to be sent. This will save valuable time.
Global Pilot School Inc.
14299 SW 129 St Suit 102– Office C
- It takes 3 to 4 weeks, you should follow up with the Airmen Certification Branch via a phone call to (405) 954-3261 a day or two after you have submitted your documentation to make sure they received everything and that all the documents are legible. If you do not follow up, no one will contact you if there is a problem.
- In Block-10 – you are applying for a Private Pilot certificate with an Airplane Single Engine Land and/or Multi-engine Land rating (as appropriate based on the class ratings you currently hold on your foreign pilot certificate).
If you want us to take care of the the process, just fill out the enrollment form and send us the copy of your medical certificate with your pilot license.
You’re probably wondering when am I going to get paid to fly instead of paying for all that flight time ? It’s time to get serious, it’s time to get your Instrument Rating and Commercial Pilot license. Once obtained it allows you to fly aircraft for hire.This course is the beginning of your career as a Commercial Pilot. Upon completion of this course you will be employable for various commercial pilot jobs.
FAR 61 Instrument Rating/Commercial Multi Engine both Combined
|Dual Beechcraft Duchess||25|
|Written Knowledge Tests|
|TOTAL COST||$ 11,850|
It should expect to take 4-5 weeks.
Quote based on FAA minimum flight time required, extra training will be charged at same hourly